Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back home again after a great weekend

We are back home again after spending the night at Granny and Pup-Pup Todaro's house and I must admit that it depressed me a little to be leaving their house so soon. Maddie and I had such a great time while we were there. But, Scott was very happy to have us home and it was so good to see him again even though we were only apart for one night. He also surprised me by deciding to take today off to be with his lady and his little girl.

We arrived early afternoon on Sunday, just as Granny and Pup-Pup got home from church. From there we went to Brunswick Bowling lanes to meet all the Todaro's for a family outing. Maddie slept through most of it, but woke up for some Aunt Angie and Granny loving. We made a quick stop at DQ on the way home for me, Granny and Pup-Pup. I was planning on going to bingo with Aunt Angie that night but decided to stay in and relax for the evening. Granny and I got to spend some quality time together while I pumped and she loved on Maddie. Before we went to bed I asked if she would be going to work and she said that she had to because she didn't have very many days left. So I planned on spending the day with just Maddie and Pup-Pup.


Colby and Aunt Angie with Maddie at Brunswick

However, when I woke up the next morning Granny, Aunt Angie and Pup-Pup were all in one bed and ready to spend the entire day with Maddie!! So Maddie and I crawled into bed too and wow were we ever crowded!!

Maddie and her Granny

Maddie and her Pup-Pup

It was great getting to spend a couple of days with my family and watching them with my little girl. It still amazes me sometimes that I am a mom now!! I love holding her close and breathing in her little baby smell and having her fall asleep on my chest. I love watching her discover new things everyday and develop her own little personality. I thank god daily for blessing Scott and I with this wonderful little person in our lives.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I LOVE the photos with all the fam! Rock on, Pup pup, you've finally conquered holding a newborn (after only the seventh round)!! Hahaha!

Granny said...

Yes, Pup pup got that holding new borns down pretty good. He says he got it from Sophia. He is a little bit of a baby hog now and that does not go over to good with me. He used to say they were mine until they were two. But Sophia and Maddie changed all that. I have to jockey for my time with everyone of them now.

Mandy said...

Ah, look out, Gran...Pup-pup's on the prowl! But for what it is worth you still got Brayden-boy! I think it stems from the time you spent with him in his tent...heehee!

But you know they still love you--how could they not?