Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our time with the YOUNTS

Well we got home yesterday afternoon from a great trip to Aunt Mandy's and Uncle Daryl's. Although we are a little tired and Maddie has a slight head cold we all had a wonderful time.

We arrived at Mandy's on Thursday afternoon. Scott could only stay a short while since he had to be at the GAP. However, in the short amount of time he was there he became aware of how nutty life can get with children. Sophia was screaming from her crib and Brayden and Savannah were running, playing and wanting attention. The little glimpse of what he has to look forward to threw him for a bit of a loop. After Scott left and Maddie and I were settled in, Mandy had to leave for work. So it was Daryl and I with four kids....:) We all sat down to dinner and with three of the four kids crying we just had to have a little laugh. After dinner Brayden came down to the guest room and read Maddie and me about 10 books before he had to go to bed.

Brayden Boy and Maddie our first night there

Friday came and Mandy and I were home together with the kids. While Brayden and Savannah played outside Mandy and I were able to clean the house up a bit. Then Mandy went out to give the kids a ride in the wagon and let Clay run for awhile. I stayed in since Maddie was asleep and I had to pump. After that we sat down and ate dinner, then hung out at the house for the rest of the evening.

Saturday Brayden went with Daryl to look at lawn mowers. After Mandy and I and the girls all were ready we went to the coffee shop to meet them. Jeff and Andrea were there and got to meet Maddie. We had some lunch and smoothies and then went to Miller's to look at a lawn mower (brush hog) that Daryl liked. Mandy test drove it and I wish I had a picture of her face when they put the mower into high gear and she thought she was going to run into the quads!!

One of my favorite shots of Maddie from our trip

Jeff and Maddie

Daryl and Maddie after a long day


Less than 10 minutes later...

Sunday we woke up and went to church and we were on time! A big accomplishment for all of us! We came home from church, changed our clothes and went down towards Harrisburg to meet up with Scott since he had all of Sunday afternoon free. We ate at Old Country Buffet. Before dinner was over Maddie needed her clothes changed because she exploded in her diaper and it was all up her back! Then when Scott put her in her seat she projectile vomited all over herself. Scott was so grossed out as he stood there and watched and kept saying "Oh that's bad" or "Oh that's really bad." So we changed her clothes again. Since the weather was a little chilly we went to the mall to let Brayden and Savannah run around a bit. We left the mall at 6pm and said goodbye to Scott and headed back to Mandy's. On the way home Maddie was hungry so she got her bottle and when I took her out of her seat an hour later her clothes were soaked from the bottle leaking so I had to change her clothes for the FOURTH time!! Daryl had an Easter Egg hunt with Brayden and Savannah shortly after we came home (I had brought Easter Eggs that we did not use up with me). They were so excited!

Monday came and Maddie and I had to say goodbye. Scott came and picked us up and after he and Daryl talked about their collection of guns for awhile we hit the road. Maddie was so good for the ride home until we were about to meet Dolores then she was fussy. Not only because she was hungry but because she was soaked. We met Dolores near Clarion because Scott had to be at a G -RAP event that night. Before we changed cars I changed Maddie's clothes and got a bottle ready for her. She fell right back to sleep for the rest of the trip home. Max and Beau were so happy to see Maddie and me. When Scott got home that evening the boys went nuts!! Since Scott, Maddie and I had been apart for several days we decided to keep her in bed with us last night to snuggle. Needless to say she had no complaints at all!! Max and Beau also joined us sometime throughout the evening.

P.S Mandy will be sending me more pictures that I will upload onto here later

Highlights of our trip:

1. Brayden came down while I was pumping one time and before I could cover up and send him upstairs, he told me my boobs looked like a gun shooting bullets!

2. Mandy test driving the lawn mower

3. Scott watching Maddie vomit in a state of shock and horror and just kept saying "Oh that's bad, That's really bad."

4. Maddie getting sick Sunday night and having to aspirate her nose all night long.

5. Getting to spend some time with family and making some great memories!

Thanks for a great time guys!! We look forward to seeing you all again really soon! We love you very much!!

Prayer Requests: Please pray that Maddie gets over this cold soon. she is being a wonderful baby even though she isn't feeling well. Also pray that the results of Scott's physical he took on Monday all come back fine so that way he is still eligible for flight school.

2 comments:

Granny said...

Brayden & Maddie's picture: AWE

Jeff & Maddie: Excuse me! That one I do not share with you. Just kidding.

Daryl & Maddie: It just goes to show you can't teach an old dog new trick

Highlights: Brayden can find guns in anything.

Mandy on the the brush hog: I can see it all. Priceless!

Andrea said...

The pic of Daryl and Maddie is priceless!! She is adorable...congrats!! Brayden's comments on the pumping: Boys will be boys!! :)(I know...I have 3)This is Daryl's cousin Andrea...not Jeff's Andrea!! :)