Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our Big weekend trip

Thursday was Maddie's first trip to the mall with Mommy and Daddy. Mommy had to get nursing bras and Maddie got a new outfit. Daddy and Maddie also went shopping for Mommy's first Mother's Day present at Kay Jewelers, I can't wait to see what I got!! Then we went to the Texas Roadhouse and Maddie was a huge hit!! She was so well behaved throughout the whole dinner she slept on my lap.
Yesterday Gram and Pap Croyle went to the Meadows so Maddie and I had the house to ourselves. It was so nice to have some alone time all to myself with my little one. However, I learned how hard it is to get things done without help being around (showering, pumping, laundry, etc). When Scott got home it was so nice to get to cuddle in bed as a family and just to bond and get to know each other better. Maddie really has Scott wrapped around her little finger already. I have to make sure that her Daddy's girl onesie is always washed because he wants her to wear it all the time.
Last night was a pretty good night for Maddie, she only woke me twice and fell right back to sleep after she ate (praise the Lord)!! I think she is finally figuring out her nights and days! Scott has drill this weekend so Maddie and I are heading for Granny and Pup-Pup Todaro's house tomorrow morning for her first overnight. We both our looking forward to our little trip. Please keep us in prayer as this is the first time that we will be traveling without Scott, so I am a little apprehensive. This will also be Maddie's and my first night without Scott since she was born so that will also be a small adjustment.
Today Aunt Margurite is coming up for her first visit since Maddie has been home from the hospital. Aunt Margurite's friend Sue will also be joining her. Then it will be time to pack Maddie's and my bag for our trip and to get Scott's stuff ready for his overnight in Erie as well.

No comments: