Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This site will be all about......MADISON

Well as mostly all of you know Scott and I recently became parents of a beautiful baby GIRL!! We named her Madison Marie Croyle. She weighed in at 6lbs 12 oz and was 19 inches long.


We went into the hospital for me to be induced on Easter Sunday. They started inducing at around 11pm and Scott and I were told to get some rest. Everyone started arriving at about 9am the next morning. My parents, Scott's parents and sister, my sister Ang and Colby, my friend Steph and my sister Mandy and her three kids. So needless to say we had quite a group of people. I let everyone come in and out of the roomfor the first few hours, then when Mandy arrived I made everyone clear out so Mandy, Scott and I could focus on my labor and delivery.


Things were going fine and I thought I was progressing really well until my labor stalled at 7 cm for about an hour and a half, at that point with the encouragment of Scott and Mandy I opted for the epidural. Keep in mind that I am very needle phobic and they were not going to let Scott stay in the room with me, but with a little convincing from my labor nurse they let him stay. I thought the pain of the epidural would have been much worse but I was so busy dealing with contractions I didn't even feel it. At about 7:30 pm Kristin (my doctor) came in to check me because I said I was feeling a lot of pressure and she said I was at 10 cm and that she wanted me to labor down for about an hour. So I visited with everyone who came down and then at 8:30 pm I was ready to start pushing.


Orignally they were just suppose to be practice pushes, but they quickly turned into the real thing. All I remember (besides the pain) is Mandy's voice getting louder and louder the more she could see Maddie's head and then I looked at Scott's face just as her head came out and I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head they got so big!! Then he topped it off by mouthing WOW!!


When they put Maddie on me right after she was born I can't even describe the love and happiness I felt towards this little person. Maddie is truly a blessing from God in my life and I thank him daily for giving her to me and Scott. She has changed our lives and made our bond and love for each other even stronger than it was before. I can't believe it has already been a week since she was born, now I know what Mandy, Shelli and my Mom felt like when they said, "Time flies and they grow up so fast."


Here are some pictures of Maddie they day she was born, the couple of days in the hospital, when she came home, and some taken this morning.





Maddie and Kristin right after she was born

Maddie and her proud Daddy!




Little Munchkin sleeping under Daddy's hoodie



My two favorite people in their favorite place

Maddie at home


Maddie this morning taking her nap


To view the four professional portraits taken at the hospital go to:

http://Our365.com

Scroll to bottom of the page, put her birth date in (March 24), enter Cro for mom's last name and city is Kittanning. When her first picture pops up click on full detail and you can view all four portraits.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Okay--she can STOP growing now!! WOW...she's getting SO big and I just want to squeeze her! Please give her LOTS of hugs and smoochies from her Aunt Mandy!! And BTW, the thought occurred to me today that she'll probably only recognize me with my 'ol cheerleading voice since that is pretty much all she heard for the last few minutes inside her "hot tub" AKA womb. Hahaha! But I'm hoping that she really soaked in my soothing caoching voice for the 8 hours prior to birth! YAY!