Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY




Since I won't be spending the day with my Mom, I wanted to take a few minutes and tell her how much I appreciate her and everything that she has done for me throughout the years.


I never really thought about what a strong and amazing woman my mother is until just the other day. Shelli and I were talking on the phone about the days before Mom and Dad (Jim) were married. Shelli and I both agreed that we wouldn't of survived if we were in the same situation. How she took care of us girls and went to school for her teaching degree. My mom always made sure us kids were happy, even if everything around her was falling apart. She always tried to give us everything she never had. Her and Dad got me a horse and she went to countless horse shows with me even though I know those days were very long and boring. Her and Dad gave me a car to drive when I was 16, sent me to college and gave me a wonderful wedding as well. Now a year and a half after I said my vows, she is a grandmother to my little girl and I see love just flowing from her every time she sees little Maddie. I also now know how she felt after welcoming us into the world and getting to know us those first few weeks of life, now that I am a mother myself.

So thank you Mom for letting me run my feet through your hair when I was little after my bath. For being the raging rhino that haunts me in my dreams every now and then. Being there for the birth of my little girl and showering her with as much love (if not more) that you have for me. But mainly for being not only my mom, but a friend I could talk to as I got older and for always having a listening ear whenever I needed it. I love you and hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's day to my sister's Shelli and Mandy as well. Thank you for always being there for me and for always answering the phone when I need advice. I love you guys more than words can say. (I know what you are thinking!! Yes, I know, we all look like drown rats! This was the only picture I have on this computer of the three of us. I laugh every time I think of that day, the day before my wedding and we all went horseback riding, even though it was raining! Breeze tried running and jumping a jump with Shelli on his back, which made her scream and made everyone else laugh. Mandy was wondering why Cole kept going faster and faster as she was squeezing the life out of him with her legs. Then there I was, the bride to be, riding Jack, who just the week before had thrown Sarah and fractured her skull. GOOD TIMES!! While we were out laughing and having a good time, Mom was back at home, a nervous wreck, thinking we were nuts going riding the day before my wedding and was waiting for the phone to ring that something bad happened to one of us. But thank the Lord we all had a good time and didn't fall off or break any bones.) I love you guys, thanks for countless memories and have a GREAT Mother's Day!! Wish we were spending it all together!!

3 comments:

shelli (michelle) said...

Awesome job Weebs. Happy First Mother's Day to you! I hope it is a good one. I think Mom really needed that post, just to remind her of what an amazing woman she is! And not to mention how beautiful and sexy she is! It made the whole post that that you included the raging rhino story~ cracked me up. By the way, some day, Maddie will have a raging rhino story about you! That's just how motherhood is. I love you girl, and miss you terribly!

Granny said...

Erica, Being your mother; the pleasure is all mine. Happy 1st. Mother's Day Weebie. I love you.

Mandy said...

Okay, LOVED the post. Couln't have written it better myself :] And I loved the raging rhino reference! As Tia already said, someday you too shall become a raging rhino...then have to ask for forgiveness--its how God keeps us humbled!! Happy, happy, happy first Mother's Day, Weebs. I LOVE YOU BUNCHES.