Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Busy week for us....as usual!!

Maddie this morning after a good night sleep


Maddie and Daddy watching a movie


Maddie trying to get Daddy's attention


Maddie supporting Leight's team - GO FROGS!!


Her other frog outfit and a little smirk to her favorite player and his family (and anyone else who reads her blog)!!

To catch everyone up Maddie went to her first Lion's Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday and from the time we got there till we left we never saw our child. Her Grandma took her as soon as we walked in the door and she was passed around to fellow lions until we left. I missed the actual running of the Kentucky Derby but thankfully was able to tape it on the DVR and watch it when we came home. I would have missed the race all together if Pup-Pup hadn't called to ask me why didn't I call and tell him the race was on!! THANK YOU PUP-PUP for calling!! It was great to see the favorite win for once (Big Brown) and also great to see a horse win with glued on shoes!! Maybe horses won't have to have their shoes nailed on anymore!! However, the race was also quite sad with the death of Eight Belles, the only filly in the race. She took second place and collapsed as she was cooling out. The vets discovered two front broken ankles and she was euthanized on the spot (of course I shed a few tears!!). Scott and I got to go to bed early because Grandma said she would put Maddie to sleep and bring her in afterwards. She wasn't planning on staying up til 1 AM or planning to get thrown up on!!

Sunday was a relaxing day spent at home. Monday on the other hand was quite busy. I got a call for a job interview and will find out later this week if I will be called back for a second interview or not. When I came home, Scott wanted to go shoot so we packed up the rifles and headed to the shooting range. I have wanted to go hunting for the past few years and decided that this year I was definitely going to do it. Last year I wanted to, but I was pregnant with Maddie. After Scott shot his new rifle several times, it was my turn to shoot. Keep in mind that I have never shot a rifle before, needless to say I was a little nervous! He went through the safety and all of that real quick and I shot three times and did pretty good. But, when I was left to do everything on my own, I forgot about the safety and the gun went off. I was totally freaked out and got a stern lecture from Scott (which I deserved), and decided that was enough shooting for me for now. I went to the truck and cried for awhile, then went with Scott to take down the target. Scott was a little mad that I wouldn't try shooting the gun again right away, but he left me alone when I told him that I would try again next time.

Tuesday was a beautiful day. Scott had to leave early to go to Pitt-Greensburg for a commissioning ceremony. So Maddie and I slept in, the extra few hours of sleep was GREAT!! When Scott came home he worked on the computer and was on the phone for several hours, while I watched Maddie. Then we gave Maddie to Grandma and took the bike out for a quick ride! I love riding our bike on warm spring days!! We went to Wal-Mart and then rented a movie (Over Her Dead Body - very funny). We came home watched the movie, while Maddie slept in her swing. Then Nicki and Kayla came over for a visit, this was the first time Nicki got to see Maddie.

Today Maddie woke up all smiles, so I couldn't resist taking her picture and sending it out to everyone who has a camera phone. Maddie and I got ready and Grandma came to pick us up and we all headed out to book club. All of the ladies at book club love Maddie and love that I bring her to our breakfast meetings. Maddie was such a good girl and slept the whole time, while Grandma and I got some great new books to read.

Tomorrow after Scott goes to work for a few hours, we plan on taking Maddie to get her military ID card, possibly do some shopping at the Mills and then we are heading to Granny and Pup-Pup's to spend the night!! Scott has to attend Cal-U's commissioning ceremony Friday morning and this way we can sleep in and be there in 15 mins rather than drive over an hour to get there. We also know how much Granny and Pup-Pup love seeing Maddie and since they haven't seen her for a few weeks, we thought we would go down for a visit. I am sure I will have several more pictures to post as well as a story or two to tell when we get home.

No comments: